Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Friday

Ever wonder why they call it Black Friday? The thought occurred to me that it might be because the stores make money that day. In other words, their books are in the black that day rather than the red. Just a thought from an accounting view.

Meantime, I'm spending my day working on projects that I need to finish before December 1st. I have to blocks that are due at quilt guild that night. One I got done yesterday and the other one is about half done. I also want to make a skirt to wear tomorrow night for an Eastern Star installation. I know where the fabric is, I know where the cutting table is. My only concern is where the devil did I put the pattern? Well, I shall find it I'm sure. It can't be too buried as I used it less than a month ago.

I usually don't shop on this Friday after Thanksgiving. It just doesn't seem like a good idea to be out shopping with people who are in such a hurry to get a good deal for something they probably don't really want or need. My shopping for Christmas is more thought out and less rushed. Really, how many of you do your shopping on this Friday?  Is it the only time to shop? NOPE!  I admit I haven't started my shopping, but I do know what I would like to get people. I have some things already tucked away and will get others as time allows. After all, I've still got 4 weeks to shop. And usually, I finish up my shopping in the last week, in the last moment. After all, I'm a top notch procrastinator!

On that note, I leave you with good wishes and hope you didn't overeat yesterday on Thanksgiving. I know I didn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment