Monday, December 12, 2011

Bad things happen to nice people

Yes, bad things do happen to nice people. I went to a meeting on Saturday and had a good time. On my way home, I was waylaid by a blowout on the passenger side rear tire. Now that's a bad thing when one is on a major freeway. However, it was good that there was a shoulder and I could get off that busy freeway. It's even better than I have AAA towing service and a cell phone. It was very good that I had cell service to be able to call AAA.

Now, yes, I could have changed the tire. But I would have been tired, crabby and dirty from doing it. It was so much easier to make a phone call. Then after the nice AAA tow truck drive finished changing the tire, he kindly reminded me that since my spare is one of those small donut things rather than a full size tire that I needed to only drive 50mph. While that saves on gas use, it certainly does not make you friends on the roadways.

I "limped" into the next town on the way in hopes of finding the tire shop that I knew was there. I got lucky enough to take a detour through that fine town as they were having a Christmas parade on the main street through town. And, as luck would have it, that is the street I needed to be on. Got to the tire shop and the nice gentleman from the shop asked what he could do for me. I told him I'd like him to either fix or replace the sad flat tire in my car. Well, you may have guessed, it needed replacing. The good news is the tire was still under warranty so my cost was way less than expected.

I was about 2 hours later getting home than my original plans. Now that made me sad and happy at the same time. Sad because I couldn't get everything done I had planned to get done. Happy because I was home in one piece and no one was hurt. With luck, this won't happen again for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment