Sunday, December 28, 2014

Another Quilt Finish

I didn't think I could another one done in 2014 - but I did and here it is. You can ignore the clothes line  - it was the only place I could hang it to get a decent picture.
I bought this kit at a quilt show in either 2007 or 2008 as the selvage on the border fabric is dated 2007. I fell in love with it as the shop owner had it hanging in her booth. It drew me because of the vibrant colors of the dancers' dresses. I still love it! Don't have a clue where it will hang, but I'm sure to find a spot.

It started as a panel and the fabrics in between the bottom three was cut separately. The more I see it, the more I love it.

Having been to Mardi Gras in New Orleans, this has a place in my heart and my memories of having been there. New Orleans during Mardi Gras is a wild and crazy place. I don't know that I would go again at that time of year, but it was well worth experiencing.

Now I am sure that I won't finish another one this year, but I'm already planning on which one will be next in line to finish in 2015. My list of UFO's has been shortened this 2014 year by 6. I'm starting the 2015 year with 6 less than I started the 2014 year. My goal for 2015 is to do the same. Finish more than I start - it may or may not work. Will have to give it my best shot. Progress will be posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment