Sunday, December 21, 2014

Christmas is coming

And I'm not ready yet! I always say I'm going to do better, but here I am still frantically working at the last minute to get everything done. Maybe next year?

I do have a couple of pictures of quilts to show off. I finally finished the last of the 2013 Patch Ability monthly minis. It's called "Hang My Stocking" and I really like the way it came out.
 It has buttons for ornaments and the holly berries. The little wall hanging is 6"x24" and really shouldn't have taken me as long as it did. You've heard the saying, life gets in the way - well, that's exactly what happened with this little one. Between work and my Eastern Star duties, I was way too busy to work on quilt projects.

Now I still have work and I still attend Eastern Star meetings. However I don't have a lot of work to do with Eastern Star this year, so I will have more time to work on projects.

The other little quilt project I finished was one for my local quilt guild. It's a challenge quilt. We were invited to participate and for $1 we purchased the directions, rules if you will, and received two fabrics. One was a letter, the other a black and white print. The rules were simple. The quilt was to be 24"x24" - no bigger, no smaller. It had to include the letter and the black & white fabric.


This little wall hanging, #30, was my entry. I got the letter "O" and the black & white swirly fabric next to the building with the red door. For those of you without imaginations, the building with the red door is the "outhouse", the brown with porch is the cabin. The blue is a night sky with a couple of ghosts quilted in, along with a space ship. The story behind it is a trip I took to Alaska when my cousins children were quite young. We flew in by float plane to a Forest Service cabin for a 2 night stay. The outhouse was about 200 ft away from the cabin along a wooden walkway. The young children were scared at night to go down that walkway because there might be something out there to get them. While I didn't win a ribbon for entering, I felt better about my choice when I saw some of the others.

These are the last two finishes from UFO listing for the 2014 year. Hopefully, I will get more done next year and you will have some more quilts to look at in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment