Sunday, June 30, 2013

More quilt finishes

Yep! I'm please to share more quilt finishes. These next four are small, only 12" x 14", but they are DONE! I really like the little ones as they are supposed to be easy - I don't always get them done as quickly as they could be done because I'm easily sidetracked. Okay, here's the first one.
This is called "Toadly Spellbound" and is a pattern by Patch Ability. It's a fun little one and a play on words if you will. The poor toad is spellbound and ready to throw itself into the witch's cauldron. Silly toad!

The next one is another Patch Ability pattern and is called "Mama Bird". Not that the eggs have hatched yet. I like the way this one turned out. The colors and the black button for the eye just made it right for me.


Now on to the "Winter Sled Ride". It, too, is a Patch Ability Pattern. This one is from the 2012 BOM (Banner Of the Month) from the pattern company. They are such fun. This one was supposed to have the snowflakes "painted" on it, but I chose to use buttons that I had found instead. It is a cooling picture and while I'd love to have some of it right now, it won't happen. We're in a summer heat wave and outside it's already about 100 degrees.

My fourth Patch Ability is a pattern Called "Snowflake Catcher". Again, it looks cold which means nothing in the summer hear. Doesn't cool me off one little bit.

My final finish will have to wait until the next posting. I don't have a decent picture of it yet and I don't want to show it until I can get one. It's one that I will be putting in my quilt guild show in September. I'm thinking of maybe waiting to put in on the blog until then. Hope you enjoy these little ones. Till later, stay cool and have fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment