Saturday, December 1, 2012

December already!

How on earth did we get to December already? Seems like just yesterday we celebrated the new year. Guess I've been that busy. Between quilt guild, Eastern Star, work and home, I stay pretty busy.

I've made it through the month of November fairly unscathed. Was debatable about crossing river yesterday, but I made it and the river stayed below flood warning. The morning didn't look good as the river was rising at one foot per hour. That's a lot of water! It finally trickled down to a half foot per hour which was nice for me as I could get home before dark and with mostly dry conditions.

November was installation season for Eastern Star and I made most of the ones I wanted to. I won't be making the last one for my district as the river is heading up again and I"m not getting stuck on the other side! Been there, done that, don't care to do it again.

My quilt guild will be meeting this coming week and our UFO project just really didn't get off the ground. We had way more quilts to go and unless a miracle occurs, they are not all getting done by December's meeting. I know I didn't finish all of mine. I feel pretty good about my percentage of finished though. I made it through 77% of my list. I have a portion of the other 23% almost done, but they won't make it for this year. Still have to do my Christmas block for guild and I have a couple other projects lefts that will need finishing first.

I was installed as Worthy Matron of my chapter for the ensuing year of 2013 in November. Now I need to finish off the first newsletter of the year and get it mailed out. May even start printing this weekend. Have to do labels and fold the newsletters. Have to put the dues envelopes in them and I can't use staples since the post office put them on the "Don't under any circumstances use staples" list. Would have made it  a lot easier.

Off to work on my projects. Have to finish the laundry and then I can my stuff. Take care and I'll try to do better in posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment