Thursday, November 8, 2012

Weather Turned to Fall

Well, yes, I know it IS fall - but the weather hadn't truly caught up until today. I went for a drive from my house to my Mom's house. And while part of the drive was nice, a bit blustery but nice, the other part was definitely Fall like. I had rain coming through the lake and mountain area. Now at mom's, the clouds have wandered off and there will be, I suspect, frost come morning. I put out her garbage cans for pickup tomorrow morning, and I could see my breath in the late afternoon air.

The reason I ventured to Mom's is because she took a fall Oct. 27th. While nothing is broken, she is stiff, sore and still bruised almost two weeks later. Since our family is so close, I felt it would be a good idea to come over and see how she is. I hadn't planned on venturing over this early in the month. I was looking at Thanksgiving weekend. However, a daughter does what a daughter feels she has to do. No one pushed me, no one twisted my arm. So here I sit working on my blog while she naps.

I will be working on some of my quilting stuff. I brought enough to work on so that I have things to do. I could work on my counted cross stitch Siberian Tiger if I wanted to. I could work on my computer and get the program finished up for my installation as Worthy Matron a week from Sunday. I could read a book. I suppose I could take a nap. Nope, got too much to do.

Hopefully Mom will feel much better by Thanksgiving as she is scheduled to have company. Hard on the company when the hostess is napping instead of visiting. So here's thinking good thoughts and healing thoughts.

Later folks, enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment