Sunday, May 13, 2012

Magazine arrival

My magazine I won has arrived!  I have browsed through the pages and have found some marvelous blocks to do. I have even come up with an idea for a quilt! This is volume 5 and while I have the first 4, this is the only one I have won. The others I bought. Somehow I don't think it will any more cherished than the others, but it means a bit more since I didn't have to spend money to get it.

The way I won was by looking at the various blogs that Quiltmaker's blog, Quilty Pleasures, put up as a way to see what was coming prior to the magazine hitting the stands. I was thrilled to go to those blogs as they gave me an insight to what others are doing with their quilting habits. If you are not a quilter, you won't appreciate them as much as I do.

I'm working on several quilting projects right now and I really should be working on them instead of my blog. However, I wanted to update my blog, go that's what I'm doing.

Work is work - have to have that paycheck in order to spend money on my quilting habit. I would love to retire and just work on my quilts and maybe find my sewing room. Right now, I'm working in the dining room. I'm sure others of you are doing the same.

The weather has gone from spring to summer, contrary to what the calendar says. Yes, I know it's still technically spring, but when the temperatures get into the 90-95 degree range, that's summer to me. We've had a north breeze for days now and it just dries everything out. Me included. As a result, I drink a lot of fluids and stay hydrated as best I can.

I'm off to work on the misc. weekend stuff and then my quilts. See another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment