Sunday, March 25, 2012

March and Spring

March is a month of many weather surprises. Sometimes it's wet and nasty, sometimes dry & windy. It also heralds in Spring. Here it seems that spring will be a little bit late. We've had rain most of the weekend and the weather people are predicting more of the same for this next week.

March also brings us daylight savings time. While I like the longer amounts of daylight in the evening, I can't say that we are really saving time. What knothead came up with that? Who knows, but we certainly can't save any of it for later.

I've been working on a project for our local theater. Seems they are doing "The Wizard of Oz" as a stage production and they needed poppy fields and snow fields. Enter the fabric - one piece of the most gorgeous scarlet poppies and one piece of (snow) white fabric - stitched together to make the fields. Sounds a bit crazy, but when you realize that some small person will be holding these fabric "sandwiches", it will work. I got them all done and back to the theater for the rehearsal that started at 6:30pm tonight. Considering I got them on Tuesday, I figure I did well. Now I just have to be able to find a night to go see it!

I've also been working on my UFO list and have made it to the spot where half way is in sight. I sandwiched another two small quilts today from that list and hope to get them finished before our next quilt guild meeting. I am determined to finish my list this time around. I got done the guild $2 block of the month as well today. All in all it's been a very productive weekend.

On to other things, another post, another time. Meantime, take care of yourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment