Friday, June 15, 2012

Summer Heat is here

Yep! The summer heat is here. Nasty stuff - it's 10:30pm, yes that's at night, and it is still 90 degrees outside. Yuck! I don't like the heat. Thank heavens for air conditioning. I will sleep better under the cooler.

I have discovered that I can survive the heat during the waking hours as long as I can be cool at night to sleep. I have to put away the dinner leftovers and rinse the dishes. I'll wait until tomorrow to do them. The air should be a bit cooler in the early morning hours. At least I hope so!

This weekend is the last one before summer arrives according to the calendar. Our temps are to be 100-106 and that's way too warm for me. To do laundry requires the dryer and that warms up the house. I'm not looking forward to this chore tomorrow.

How is your weather? Hopefully you have cooler temperatures than I do. If you have hotter than I do, I wish you the best of air conditioners at your house. Lands only knows this is one weekend I'd rather be at our cabin where it's a bit cooler since it's in the mountains. Alas, that is not scheduled for this weekend.

Well, I'm off to the land of Nod and cooler air. Take care and I'll write more later.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...and you think 106 is hot...it's going to be 109 here today! Did you see my posts yesterday? I uploaded photos on my timeline of the first monsoon of this years season! Take a look!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete