Saturday, April 26, 2014

Vision Challenges

Yes, you read right - this is about vision challenges. Those who know me, know I've been wearing glasses for nearsightedness for years, eons, if you will. That has changed this month. For the month of April, also my birthday month, I treated myself to having my cataracts removed and lens implants put in. I chose to have distance sight and now I have that. I can see that stuff in the distance, but the challenge now is to work with close things. I have already bought my first pair of "reading glasses" in order to read the numbers on the invoices at work. I suspect I'll have to have another pair to do my handwork with. Haven't tried any of that yet, so will have to wait and see.
The eyes are doing well and so am I. I love the new challenges that come with better eyesight. I have to wear the reading glasses to work on filing a broken fingernail. If I want to read the label on the vitamin bottle, if I want to know how much sodium is in a prepared food, I have to wear the reading glasses. Have a feeling that taking pictures with my digital camera will also change. Am going to a quilt show today and will find out. When I was debating whether to do now or wait, I had lots of folks tell me "piece of cake", "easy surgery, I went out for breakfast after", "what! you're letting someone do surgery on your eyes?", "I had mine done a month ago and things are still blurry".  I'm sure you've all heard similar when you made decisions that others thought were crazy.
I feel it's one of the best decisions I've made and while in years down the road I may still have wear glasses, they won't be near the heavy duty prescription as in years past. If you get told you need to have cataracts removed, go for it. Your vision will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment